Parks and Recreation
Parks and Recreation Department-
Director: Ole Anderson
PO Box 194, Center Sandwich, NH 03227
The Parks and Recreation office and physical address is 5 Quimby Field rd.
Like us on Facebook: Sandwich NH Parks & Recreation
Sandwich Parks and Recreation has a long standing tradition of serving the citizens of Sandwich and providing activities for all ages. With youth sports, musical events, beaches, and several parks to be enjoyed Sandwich offers quite a lot for a small New England town. We utilize and add to the existing natural beauty of our town through events, programs, and facilities.
Sandwich Winter Carnival
This is an annual day of activities for locals to have some fun during the coldest time of year
- There will be an all ages, all abilities Costumed Cross Country ski race at 10:30am starting on Quimby Field. Costumes are encouraged, but not necessary!
- Watch ice sculptor Brian Stockman carve a block of ice into a piece of art. Brian will be set up outside of Sandwich Elementary school and carving from about 9:30-1:00pm.
- The chili cook-off will take place in Sandwich Elementary School gym 11:30-1:30pm. There are lots of talented chefs in our community, we encourage you to all to bring your best pot of chili. You can drop chili off in the school any time between 10:00 - 11:00am. Please bring your chili in a crock pot so it will stay warm throughout the contest, and we ask that you provide a ladle or serving spoon. We will provide everything else. We ran out of Chili last year, so we are hoping for new and repeat entrants!
- A cardboard sled derby will start at 1:30pm on the hill at the back of Sandwich Elementary School. Prizes for all participants in a variety of categories, including best design, longest ride, shortest ride, most colorful, and more. Bring a sled to enjoy the hill once the sled derby is finished. Feel free to browse the internet to get some inspired ideas for this event. Helmets Required!
- Come up to Remick Park in North Sandwich between 3:30 – 5:00pm for family ice skating, hot chocolate, and hot dogs. This is a family skating time, so please leave your hockey sticks home.
We are looking forward to seeing folks at some, or all, of these events. We may add more to the day, so stay tuned and keep an eye on the sandwichboard, follow us on Facebook at: Sandwich NH Parks & Recreation, or visit the Parks and Recreation page on the town website: sandwichnh.org
Winter Carnival Itinerary:
10:30: All Ages, All Abilities Costumed Nordic Ski Race. Quimby Field
9:30-1:00pm: Ice Sculptor Brian Stockman demonstration. Sandwich Elementary.
12:00-1:30pm: Chili Contest in SCS. (bring chili any time after 10:00am)
1:30pm: Cardboard Sled Derby at SCS.
3:30-5:00pm: Family Skating, Hot Dogs, and Hot Chocolate at Remick Park in North Sandwich.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Sandwich Parks and Recreation Director
The Parks and Recreation Department is always looking to engage the public with activity opportunities. If you have ever had the desire to participate in a program as a leader or just in a complimentary role we can find a place for you. Do you have a suggestion for a new program or event? Please email email@example.com or call 284-6473.
Let us know what you would like to see and we will do our best to make it a reality. Remember, volunteers are ALWAY needed!