There will be an Old Home Week this year, but it will be different than years’ past. Old Home Week is Sunday 8/9 – 8/16. We are doing our best to create activities and events for the community to safely engage. Many of the groups who usually offer events and activities are working on dynamic planning in order to deliver a safe and meaningful experience for community members.
I can say with certainty that there will not be an Old Home Week Brochure. The nature of planning for the week with attention to Covid-19 guidelines and recommendations, or the potential of rising confirmed cases in our area, make it necessary for each group to have the ability to adjust their event rather than feel committed to what is published in a brochure weeks in advance. We will be populating the town website with a schedule sandwichnh.org Under the parks and rec menu or page is a link to Old Home Week 2020. This page is currently blank, but as events and activities are confirmed, we will add them to this site starting on July 14. We will try and post on SandwichBoard as each new activity and event is added. We will certainly post if an already posted event has been modified or cancelled.
Please know we are doing our best to create safe, fun, and interesting events and activities; however, this means many of the traditional Old Home Week events will not be able to take place this year. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work on Sandwich’s 122nd Old Home Week.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ole Anderson.
Sandwich Parks and Recreation Director
Town Beach announcement and Rules 2020:
Thank you to all residents who participated in the recreational spaces survey! It is great to hear how committed this community is to using public spaces in a safe and fair manner. Community cooperation is essential to ensuring effective policies and is greatly appreciated in advance!
- Please wear a mask when moving to and from vehicles and maintain distance from anyone that is not in your household (per CDC guidelines). Please do not come to the beach if you or a member of your household is sick. As we seek to keep facilities accessible to all residents, please be mindful of the large at-risk sector of our population.
- The Beach parking area will be for beachgoers only. Please use roadside parking or the trailer lot across the street from the beach for boat use including rooftop launches (kayaks, canoes, etc.)
- If the Parking Area is full please return later. If the Beach area is full, please regulate your time to a two-hour visit.
- Beach games will not be allowed (spikeball, frisbee, bocce, football, Kan Jam etc.)
- As always, facility stickers and/or guest passes are required for use of the town beaches. Parking policies will be strictly enforced.
- We ask that folks follow CDC guidelines for social distancing at the Potholes and Bearcamp Pond. Please limit visitation duration and do not attempt to enter when these parking areas are full.
We are eager to promote the enjoyment of sunshine and our local facilities during these difficult times. If you have any question or comments, please direct them to Sandwich Parks and Recreation Director Ole Anderson at: email@example.com
The Sandwich Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of programs and events for community. We maintain outdoor spaces for recreating and relaxing. We are committed to creating fun, inclusive activities for people of all ages. We look forward to getting to know our community members through our programming and while they enjoy our facilities. We are always looking for ways to enhance our department. If you have any programming or event ideas, or would like to volunteer, please contact the Sandwich Parks and Recreation Department. Follow us on Facebook: Sandwich NH Parks & Recreation
Sandwich Parks and Recreation Director
Links and Documents: